Jalan Gua Musang – Cameron Highlands
Please note that Moonriver Lodge is not located at Cameron Highlands, although we are about 20 minutes drive from the nearest town in Cameron Highlands. Our actual location is at Lojing, a small settlement in Kelantan.
Getting here: Driving
GPS Coordinates: N4.644566 E101.465148 (see Google Map below)
If you are driving from the North-South Highway, follow the following directions:
Word of caution: Please fill up on petrol at Simpang Pulai or Brinchang before heading to Moonriver Lodge.
There are no petrol stations around our area.
- Exit at Simpang Pulai, turn right to drive towards Ipoh
- Look out for turning on the right towards Cameron Highlands at a traffic light junction
- Stay on this road up a winding road through the mountains. The road leads to Gua Musang (Kelantan) and Cameron Highlands.
- When you come to an intersection, DO NOT TURN RIGHT INTO CAMERON HIGHLANDS. Stay on the road and head towards Gua Musang.
- After passing the intersection, you will pass by Blue Valley farms, a strawberry statue followed by a big mosque on the left.
- When you see the mosque, look out for a SMALL Moonriver Lodge signage on the left. The sign bears the Moonriver Lodge logo (two dancing rabbits against a full yellow moon) and states a 10km marker.
- Continue on the highway for another 5-10 minutes. You will pass a sign stating “Pejabat Tanah” and the SECOND Moonriver Lodge signage with the 1km marker.
- Drive on until you see a turn off to the left with road barriers, lamp posts and another two Moonriver Lodge signs. Turn left and drive up following the bend. Stay on the road until you come to a gate in front of the building on the right side. Turn right pass the gate and immediately turn left. Continue on til the end of the drive way and park your car. You’re here!
- If you start to drive pass Orang Asli settlements along the road, it is quite likely that you’ve missed the turning.
- Word of caution: Please try to check in before dark as many people have had problems trying to get to our lodge at night. On some days (and nights), a heavy fog sets in along the roads, making it even more difficult to find us.
Another way you can reach Cameron Highlands, is to rent a car from IPOH city and drive personally to Moonriver Lodge. Estimated daily rates are RM180 for a sedan car and RM300 for a 7-seater MPV.
Please contact us for this service. firstname.lastname@example.org or +6016 550 3174/ +6013 588 1613.